Niro M. Wijesooriya
phone (513) 721-1975
fax (513) 651-2570
Attorney Niroshan (“Niro”) M. Wijesooriya received his J.D. from the University of Cincinnati College of Law, where he served as an Editor on the Human Rights Quarterly, and his B.A. in English Literature from the George Washington University.
Niro began his legal career as an Assistant Prosecutor for the City of Cincinnati, accumulating extensive jury and bench trial experience in criminal court while also assisting in civil matters. Niro left the Prosecutor’s office to work for a civil law firm, where he represented Public Sector unions and their members, and gained substantial experience representing private sector employees in a full spectrum of employment matters. Niro then started his own civil practice, while also managing the criminal and civil docket for a Hamilton County Municipal Court judge. As a civil law practitioner for over 15 years, Niro practices in all areas of employment law, including discrimination, harassment, retaliation, breach of employment contract, severance/separation negotiation, non-competition, and wage and hour law. He has appeared in state and federal trial and appellate courts, and before local, state, and federal agencies and commissions, including civil service commissions. Niro also provides clients with probate court representation and estate planning.
Outside of work, Niro volunteers with several organizations that focus on assisting under-privileged children gain access to resources and opportunities, is an avid runner, and plays tennis, squash, and soccer. He and his wife created and ran a sports boosters’ club for the new elementary public school that their children attended. Niro has lived in Africa, Asia, Europe, and New Zealand, and enjoys international travel. He now lives in Pleasant Ridge with his wife and their two children.
- Associate, Freking Myers & Reul LLC
- Owner/Managing Partner, Law Office of Niroshan M. Wijesooriya, LLC
- Associate, Minnillo & Jenkins Co., LPA
- Assistant Prosecutor, City of Cincinnati
- J.D., University of Cincinnati College of Law, Cincinnati, Ohio
- B.A., English Literature, The George Washington University
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- National, Ohio and Cincinnati Employment Law Associations
- State of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio