Randolph H. Freking
phone (513) 721-1975
fax (513) 651-2570
Randy Freking lives in Cincinnati with his wife, and they have four children. He is the founding partner of Freking Myers & Reul, a law firm devoted primarily to the rights of working people, whether they are minimum wage workers, blue collar employees, or white collar executives.
Randy is a frequent lecturer on employment law and has successfully represented many employees in trials in state and federal courts in Ohio and Kentucky since December, 1990, securing several million dollar plus jury verdicts settlements. He was co‑counsel in a major class action against Duke Energy, which culminated in a $81 million settlement with one of the highest class participation rates in class action history.
Randy has been recognized in every edition of “Best Lawyers in America” since 1994, has received “Super Lawyer” designations since its inception, has been one of the top 10 vote recipients in Ohio for the designation of “Super Lawyer” in 2006 through this year’s surveys of Ohio lawyers, was recognized by Cincinnati Magazine as one of the most influential lawyers in Cincinnati in October, 2008, and has been recognized annually by Cincy Business Magazine as one of Cincinnati’s “Leading Lawyers”.
Randy volunteers at the Academy of World Languages and Evanston Academy as a math tutor, he volunteers at the Hosea House soup kitchen in Newport, and he donates time to St. Vincent DePaul Society visiting lower income residents. He also serves on the Board of the Cincinnati Reds Community Fund.
Randy has authored four books, two on employment law ‑ “The Real Employee Handbook” (Createspace Self Publishing, 2012); “The ABA Consumer Guide to Employee Rights” (American Bar Association, 2015); “Cincinnati’s 150‑Year Opening Day History: The Hoopla Started With A Parade” (Cincinnati Book Publishing, 2018); and “@Titanicstruggle; The Best of MARTY BRENNAMAN (Cincinnati Book Publishing, March 2020) Randy is the host of a Podcast “Freaking Out About Opening Day,” available on most podcast apps and ITunes (search Randy Freking).
- Of Counsel, Freking, Myers & Reul (January 1, 2021 – present)
- Partner, Freking Myers & Reul LLC, Cincinnati, Ohio (December 1,1990-December 31, 2020)
- Associate and Partner, Frost & Jacobs, Cincinnati, Ohio (August 1,1982-November 30,1990)
- Employment law
- Trial Practice
- Member, National Employment Lawyers’ Association, 1992-Present
- St. Vincent De Paul Society
- Henry Hosea House
- Math Tutor – Evanston Academy
- Cincinnati Workers Rights Project
- Cincinnati Reds Community Fund
- State of Ohio
- Commonwealth of Kentucky
- State of Colorado
- “Best Lawyers in America” (Woodward-White), included in every edition since 1994.
- No. 2 Lawyer in Ohio, Law and Politics Magazine, January, 2007.
- One of Top Ten Lawyers in Ohio, Law and Politics Magazine, (multiple years)
- Ohio “Super Lawyer”, 2004-present
- Cincy Business Award, Top Labor/Employment Lawyer in Cincinnati, Ohio (multiple years)