Mark W. Napier
Personal Injury Dept. Director
phone (513) 721-1975
cell (513) 520-8806
fax (513) 651-2570
Mark Napier is a lawyer who represents persons seriously hurt or killed by others’ negligence. He is currently selected as an “Ohio Super Lawyer.” He is a former Board of Trustees member of the Ohio Association for Justice, former President of the Southwest Ohio Trial Lawyers Association, a member of the American Association for Justice, a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and a Master of the Bench of the American Inns of Court. He has served as a lecturer to other attorneys on various continuing legal education topics, including personal injury. He is a graduate of Ohio Northern University School of Law where he served as an Associate Editor for the Law Review.
- Legal Career:
- Partner – Freking Myers & Reul, LLC, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Partner – Young, Reverman & Napier Co., L.P.A., Cincinnati, Ohio
- Associate – Baran & Baran Co., L.P.A., Mansfield & Lima, Ohio
- Assistant Prosecuting Attorney – Office of the Prosecuting Attorney, Franklin County, Ohio
- Areas of Practice:
- Wrongful Death
- Auto, Truck, Pedestrian and Motorcycle Accidents
- Nursing Home Negligence
- Premises Liability
- Juris Doctorate, Ohio Northern University Pettit College of Law, Ada, Ohio; Associate Editor – Ohio Northern University Law Review
- B.S., Business Administration, The Ohio State University
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Former Board Member – Ohio Association for Justice
- Former President – Southwest Ohio Trial Lawyers Association
- Member – Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Member – Ohio State Bar Association
- Member – Cincinnati Bar Association
- Member – Kentucky Bar Association
- Member – American Association for Justice
- Peer and Client Ratings:
- Ohio Super Lawyer – Peer Rating
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent -Peer Rating
- AVVO.com 10/10 Superb – Client Rating
- State of Ohio, 1978
- Commonwealth of Kentucky, 1989
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 1985
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1989
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 1991
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 1996
- “Eight Ways You Hurt Your Own Personal Injury Case,” Legal – Personal Injury Category, EzineArticles.com
- “When to Hold ‘Em, When to Fold ‘Em – Trial vs. Settlement,” Legal – Personal Injury Category, EzineArticles.com
- “State v. Bayless: Discretionary Defects May Still Remain in Ohio’s Death Penalty Statutes”, Ohio Northern
University Law Review, Casenote, Vol. IV, No. 3.
- “Ohio Wrongful Death Claims,” Cincinnati Paralegal Association, Cincinnati, OH.
- “Truck Accident Litigation 101: Big Truck Crash Cases Are Different Than Car Crash Cases,” Hamilton County Law Library CLE, Cincinnati, OH.
- “You and the Legal System: What You Should Know About Nursing Homes,” Hamilton County Law Library and the Cincinnati Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service, Cincinnati, OH.
- “Torts In the Nursing Home,” Cincinnati Bar Association Torts ‘R Us Seminar,
- “Truck Accident Jury Instructions,” Southwest Ohio Trial Lawyers Association Spring Seminar, Cincinnati, OH.
- “How to Win Your Spoliation of Evidence Claim,” Ohio Association for Justice, Trucking Litigation Seminar, Toledo, OH.
- “All About Injuries”, guest attorney appearance, WXIX-TV Fox 19 “Moore Law”.
- “What Every PI Lawyer Should Know About Commercial Vehicle EDRs,” Ohio Association for Justice, Trucking Litigation Seminar, Dayton, OH.
- “Injury Claims Based on Faculty Cargo Loading and Securement,” Ohio Association for Justice Annual Convention, Columbus, OH.
- “Personal Injury Topic: Am. Sub. HB350: Tort Reform or Tort Deform?”, Cincinnati Bar Association Legal Potpourri, Seminar, Cincinnati, OH.