Elizabeth Asbury Newman
phone (513) 721-1975
fax (513) 651-2570
Elizabeth Asbury Newman practices employment law and civil litigation. She represents current and former employees in a wide range of workplace matters, including claims of discrimination, retaliation, and harassment, as well as in disputes over leave, wages, benefits, and contracts, including non-compete agreements.
Liza received her J.D. from the University of Cincinnati College of Law, graduating summa cum laude and first in her class. During law school, she externed at the U.S. District Court of the Southern District of Ohio and served as a senior articles editor of the Human Rights Quarterly.
Liza’s prior work experience includes several positions at the intersection of technology and education, as well as a stint as a college radio DJ. She was inspired to go to law school while volunteering for a medical-legal partnership at the Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati, where she assisted attorneys in resolving legal issues that affect the health and well-being of children.
Outside of work, Liza enjoys hiking at the Cincinnati Nature Center, birding, and cycling. A native of Cincinnati, she resides in Columbia-Tusculum. Liza tweets about developments in labor and employment law at @LizaANewman.
- Associate, Freking Myers & Reul LLC
- Employment Law
- J.D., University of Cincinnati College of Law
- M.A., University of Pennsylvania
- B.A., Grinnell College
- State of Ohio
- Order of the Coif
- John R. Sayler Prize in Evidence
- Gustavus Henry Wald Memorial Prize for Contracts
- Ernest Karam Advocacy & Academic Excellence Award
- University Prize for Graduating Law Student with Highest GPA
- Arthur Russell Morgan Fellowship for International Human Rights
- George A. Dornette Memorial Award for significant contributions to the Honor Council