Five Ways to Know a Cincinnati Truck Accident Attorney Is Right for You
Cincinnati truck accident – Cincinnati truck accident lawyers
Due to their large mass, semi trucks are much more likely to cause serious injury or fatality than a passenger vehicle. In 2008, nearly 700 large and light trucks were involved in accidents that resulted in fatalities in the state of Ohio. If you or someone you love suffers a personal injury due to a trucking accident, you need the support and guidance of an attorney who has experience in truck accident law. You need legal representation from the law firm of Freking Myers & Reul, LLC.
Finding the best Cincinnati truck accident lawyer
The search for a semi truck accident lawyer can seem daunting at first, especially if you are suffering from an injury or caring for an injured loved one. It is helpful to establish some criteria that your ideal attorney should meet. The following are five ways to know you found the right attorney for you:
- Experience: Your attorney should have plenty of experience handling truck accident cases in your area. It is essential that he or she has a deep understanding of the trucking industry and the laws surrounding it.
- Track record: Hire a law firm that has a history of success in obtaining adequate truck accident settlements for its clients. A strong track record in handling accident lawsuits and settlements suggests that the attorneys at that firm have a firm grasp of accident law.
- Communication: Always interview an attorney before you hire him or her, as you need to feel comfortable speaking confidentially with your attorney. At the interview, ask how email and phone calls from clients are handled. You want an attorney who is responsive to your immediate concerns.
- Payment: Most law firms should offer free initial consultations. Many firms also charge on a contingency basis, meaning that you only pay your lawyer if you win your claim. Always ask the attorney what types of fees he or she charges before making a final decision.
- Awards and honors: Search for a firm that is recognized by its peers for outstanding service to its clients and the legal profession. The law firm of Feking Myers & Reul has earned both an AV® Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating as well as a high rating in Super Lawyers.