Cincinnati Auto Accident Attorneys – How We Can Help
Cincinnati auto accidents
Even if you are an experienced, conscientious driver, you should know what steps to take after getting into an automobile accident. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that in 2009 more than 1,000 people died as a result of traffic accidents in Ohio. It is important to be prepared.
What to do after an Cincinnati automobile accident
The severity of an auto accident can range from a minor dent in the fender to a pile-up involving multiple vehicles and fatalities. If you are in an auto accident, there are certain actions that you should take immediately after the collision, including the following:
- Call 911 if anyone in your vehicle or the other vehicles is injured.
- Call the police and cooperate with them as they write their report.
- Photograph the scene of the accident so that your attorney can use photos as evidence later on.
- Exchange contact information with the other drivers involved in the accident as your insurance company needs this information later should you choose to file a claim.
- Record facts pertaining to the accident, such as obstacles in the road, road conditions, weather conditions, and location.
Cincinnati auto accident attorney
As you take these steps, do not admit fault of any kind. Wait until you speak with your attorney to discuss the accident and call your insurance agent. While it is necessary to notify your insurance provider of any significant personal injuries or vehicular damage, you should speak with a qualified lawyer first. Your Cincinnati auto accident attorney protects your rights during the confusion that often follows an accident. Your lawyer can also answer many of the questions you may have following an accident, including the following:
- Who pays for the medical bills I have incurred as a result from the accident?
- Does my insurance company pay my claim if my vehicle was damaged by a hit-and-run driver?
- What happens if the other driver is uninsured?
Speak to Cincinnati auto accident lawyers for help
The guidance of a good attorney can help alleviate the trauma that accidents often cause. Do not wait to get the legal advice you need
The skilled attorneys at the personal injury law firm of Freking Myers & Reul represent victims of accident injuries with dedication and compassion. Our lawyers can assist you in exploring all your legal options and help you obtain the best settlement possible.