Nursing Home Negligence Lawyer in Cincinnati
The decision to leave your parent, grandparent, or other older relative in a nursing home is often a difficult one to make. You must have faith in the treatment, supervision, and experience offered by the administration and staff. When the staff of a care-giving facility betrays your trust, it is important to know that you have legal recourse. The attorneys of Freking Myers & Reul are experienced in handling claims on behalf of the victims of nursing home negligence and their families.
Nursing home neglect attorney in Cincinnati – How to recognize the signs
Nursing home neglect occurs whenever the staff or administration of a nursing home fails to fulfill the responsibility of taking care of its residents. Negligence can result from any of the following circumstances:
- Poorly trained and unqualified staff
- Insufficient numbers of staff
- The seclusion of the residents
Nursing home neglect lawyer in Cincinnati
Residents are often too embarrassed or afraid to issue a complaint against the nursing home, or are sometimes unaware that the staff is neglecting them due to particular medical or psychological conditions. Therefore, it is crucial that you are able to recognize some of the signs and symptoms of neglect, including the following examples:
- Bed sores: These sores develop if a resident has been left sitting or lying down for too long.
- Injuries: The nursing home staff should attend to all injuries immediately. If you notice that the staff has not treated your loved one’s injuries, it is reasonable to suspect negligence.
- Dirty facilities: Your loved one’s bathroom, bed, and general living space should be kept clean.
- Changes in the demeanor of your loved one: If your friend or relative seems depressed or is losing weight, you should begin to investigate his or her living situation.
If your loved one is experiencing neglect, contact the administration of the nursing home and notify them of your concerns. Most importantly, it is crucial to seek the advice of a nursing home neglect lawyer immediately so as to preserve critical evidence and prevent further injury to your loved one, as well as the other residents of the facility.
Contact a nursing home negligence attorney in Cincinnati
When a nursing home prioritizes profit over the people it is supposedly caring for, a negligence lawyer can bring the nursing home to justice. At Freking Myers & Reul, our attorneys work tirelessly to protect the rights and integrity of victims of negligence.